?

Log in

Intergalactic Hitchhiking, RPG style

Sep. 26th, 2005

10:09 am - How many Vogons DOES it take to change a lightbulb?

Rakran Ship


If you happen to follow Ix through the door (which did not sigh in a contented fashion), you will walk through a short hallway (with a bathroom on the left, if you happen to need a place to run off to to sulk; and a closed door to the right), into the bridge. It's a very clean ship, looks as though it's barely been used. The first thing you notice is the viewscreen, with it's stunning display of space speeding past. The second thing you notice is probably the high-backed, red captain's chair which looks as though it's made out of some sort of furry animal. If you lean slightly to one side, you may see, sitting in the seat farthest from you, (seat D) is some sort of fox person, taking a nap.

Sep. 15th, 2005

01:52 am - My, my, we are in a pickle, aren't we?

Airlock

Unfortunately, it isn't long before the airlock opens, dispensing it's contents into the cold vacuum of space.

It is, of course, a well known fact that the chances of being picked up by a passing spacecraft are two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand, seven hundred and nine to one against.

It is therefore quite fortunate that a spaceship happened to be passing by.

--------

Dark

You are in dark. You cannot see anything, hear anything, feel anything, or taste anything.

It does, however, smell a bit.

Quite a bit.

You open your eyes upon a bright room. It's rather plain, there's a bed in one corner, and a two mattresses on the floor. You happen to be laying on one of the mattresses, your earthling companion is on the other. You don't see Ix anywhere.

There is a door to your left.

((Please take note: Attempting to punish your DM for taking so long to update by posting on the main page will not be tolerated. I mean, I did update twice, here. Three times if you count the airlock and the dark as two different updates. Honestly, what do you want from me?! Some of us have lives, you know!! ...*cough* Err, thank you for your time.))

01:44 am - Now, this is a fine kettle of fish

Ix nodded vigorously, "Oh, yes. Caffeine is a wonderful thing. You really shouldn't go on living without it. It's actually rather a rare treat, you know. You may not get another chance for this."
Fred and George stop and think this over. Ix looks hopeful.
"Well... well..." George starts, then stops again.
Ix starts to wonder if they should be trying to make a break for it. Maybe all the thinking the Vogons are doing will loosen their grips.
No such luck. Fred shakes his head, "No, I don't think it'd be worth it. I mean, what if we get caught? Not worth the risk for something we might not even like."
They start walking again. George nods to Fred, "Not worth the risk at all."
Just then, they reach their destination. The Vogons, from here on out known only as 'the Vogons', toss their luggage, I mean, the hitchhikers into the airlock and shut the door, much to the dismay of the occupants of said airlock.

((You can react here, if you want. I mean, if you really want to.))

Aug. 18th, 2005

04:14 pm - What a tangled web is... wove? Woven?

The hall (still)

"Tea?" the first vogon, currently holding Ix and a sleeping Alex, asks. We shall call him Fred. "Sorry, nope." he continues.
The second vogon holds Q under his armpit. We shall call him George. George gestures down the hall and both vogons begin walking.
Ix looks like he's been trying to do as little breathing as possible. "Where are you taking us?" he asks.
"We've been ordered to throw you off of the ship," George answers.
"Now," says Fred to Q, "What, exactly, are you talking about?" His speech is slow, like he has to really think over what he's saying before he says it. "Caffiene is what?"

Aug. 12th, 2005

03:25 pm - Not dead...

The Vogon -- not the brightest of creatures, even for a vogon -- blinks and then starts walking the other way.
Ix speeds up a bit, counts to five, and then starts running. The hitchhikers can hear 'Hey, wait a minute--" coming from the general direction of the vogon.
"Run!" Ix hisses back at his companions.

((Run, my puppets! Run like the wind! Muahahaha! But run here. Not on the main page. *nods sagely*))

Jul. 29th, 2005

06:47 pm - Still kicking...

A different hall

The Vogon looks confused, what with the three non-vogon lifeforms in the hall not so much as screaming, let alone running away.
Ix grins at him, turns to the others, and whispers, "Walk slowly. Don't stop."
He then proceeds to wave at the vogon and walk slowly back the way he came.

Jul. 23rd, 2005

08:20 pm - Moving on...

The hall

Ix waits for the pause, counts to three, then darts out, into the hall. He glances both ways, gestures for Q and Alex to follow silently. After the three of them are in the hall, he shrugs his satchel higher up on his shoulder and walks as fast as possible down the hall, away from the Vogon. Soon enough, he turns a corner, and stops, listening for more footsteps.

((I assume you guys have figured it out by now...))

Jul. 13th, 2005

07:06 am - Hey, look! A change of scenery!

Vogon Ship

Now that the door's open, the rhythmic clanging is very easy to hear. It sounds sort of like footsteps. Every few beats, the footsteps stop, and there's a sort of hissing sound, followed by a pause, then another hiss, and then more footsteps.
During one of the pauses, Ix pops his head out the door and looks both ways.
"Now, we head off to find a teleport," he says when he pops back in. "There's a Vogon out there systematically checking all the rooms in this hall. Could make things difficult."

Jul. 2nd, 2005

07:51 pm - Here we go again

Vogon ship

A sort of clanging can be heard by Ix and Q, very faint, but steadily getting louder. Alex is temporarily deafened by his hand, which is digging in his ear in an attempt to remove the babelfish.

((Would Sor please pick up the white courticy phone. Sor to the white courticy phone. Thank you.))

Jun. 22nd, 2005

10:52 am - Yep, still happening

Vogon Ship

"Actually, I kind of do mind." Ix watches Alex curl up into a ball. "We need to get out of here. The Vogons aren't known for their hospitality to Hitchhikers."
He decides to do something kind of stupid. He rams his shoulder against the door.
"...Ow."
He walks over to the window and knocks on it. Unsurprisingly, nothing happens.
"Well, photon. Come on you two, I could use some ideas."

Just then! A loudspeaker you hadn't noticed before starts emitting a loud, squalling vocal announcement. It seems the Vogon captain isn't happy about you being on his ship. Luckily, you've got a babelfish and can understand him, therefore able to understand why Ix seems to be in a hurry.

"...shit."

((I decided 18 replies is enough. You know the drill... here, not the main page.))

Navigate: (Previous 10 Entries | Next 10 Entries)